Learn more about the implications behind these statistics and what they mean to the future of cybersecurity by downloading the full report here.
The cyberthreat landscape keeps expanding but finding skilled cybersecurity pros is an increasing challenge for today’s organizations. In fact, only 14% of IT security managers feel there are currently enough cybersecurity professionals in the field with the needed skills to hunt down and respond to threats.
For “Surviving the IT Security Skills Shortage,” Dark Reading surveyed security professionals from 400 leading organizations on their IT security staffing status, plans
Results of the Survey Include
- Fewer than half (45%) of all organizations have the security personnel they need
- 35 percent of IT managers believe there is a shortage of IT security professionals at every level
- Only one-third (33%) of respondents say they are prepared for threats they’ll face in the coming year
- More than half (52%) of those surveyed report that it’s difficult to find people with industry-specific experience
- Nearly half (45%) of these organizations handle security entirely in-house
- 54 percent of organizations say that they have security personnel that are insufficiently trained
For organizations seeking a security operations center, Arctic Wolf’s AWN CyberSOC™ is the perfect solution. To do the equivalent internally would have cost us far more and taken many tmonths. AWN’s Concierge Security Engineer™ acts as extension of our IT team and provides a level of service that can only be described as incredible.
Larry Chapman, IT Manager, Trusource Labs